Announcements and Updates
- WOT Rummage and Bake Sale--The rummage sale will be held Saturday, November 3 from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Set up will be Thursday and Friday.
- Eastern Standard Time Begins--2:00am, November 4; set clocks back an hour.
- Women of Trinity Meeting--The next WOT meeting will be held in the library on Sunday, November 4 following worship and fellowship.
- Veteran's Day--The office will be closed in observance of the holiday on Monday, November 12.
- Vestry Meeting--The November Vestry meeting will be held in the Brinckerhoff Room on Thursday, November 15 at 5:00pm.
- Dismas House Dinner--Trinity's day to provide dinner at Dismas House is Friday, November 16.
- Community Luncheon--November's Community Luncheon is moved to the third Saturday this month! It will be held on November 17 with prep/setup on Friday, November 16.
- Parish Thanksgiving Dinner--Our annual Parish Thanksgiving Dinner will be held on Sunday, November 18.
- Fall United Thank Offering Ingathering--Our fall ingathering for United Thank Offering is Sunday, November 18. This year as part of our Thanksgiving celebration, we will be including a recitation of all submissions of gratitude that have touched our lives over the past year. If you’d like to offer a moment of thankfulness, please submit it in writing (email or drop-off) no later than November 15.
- Thanksgiving Office Hours--The offices at Trinity Church will be closed on Thursday, November 22 and Friday, November 23 in observance of Thanksgiving holiday.
- Advent Discussion Series--This year's Advent Discussions will be held on Tuesdays, November 27, December 4 and December 11 at 7:00pm at the rectory.
- Operation Dolls and More! Reception--The Operations Dolls and More! reception will be held in Nourse Hall on Thursday, November 29 at 1:00pm. Public is welcome. Set up will occur during the week.
- "The Holidays Are Alive with Elisabeth von Trapp"--“The Holidays Are Alive” with Elisabeth von Trapp in concert and dinner Friday, Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. Trinity Episcopal Church, 85 West Street, Rutland. Concert tickets $25 (students/seniors $20) available in advance and the night of the concert. Concert and dinner $60 (students/seniors $50) advanced ticket purchase only. Tickets available at Trinity Church during office hours Mon-Fri 9am-noon (except Nov. 12), Diamonds & More (check only) and Phoenix Books (cash or check). Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9EAcCU9j4k. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fundraiser Help Needed--Anyone who is interested in helping to decorate for the holiday feast, we'll begin on Monday, Dec. 10 at 3:30 and continue every afternoon that week. Come one day, come all! We're also looking for some fresh greens as part of the decorations. If you can donate some, please speak to Rich or Fern. Be sure to tell you friends, colleagues and family to buy their tickets soon! Seating for dinner is limited.
- Apple Pie Fundraiser--We have apple pies for sale this fall. The price for a 10-inch pie is $12. If you’d like to purchase a pie, please speak with Elaine Foskett.
- Upon This Rock--As part of our support for Rock Point, for the year 2018 we will be taking a separate collection on the last Sunday of each month specifically for Rock Point’s capital campaign. To learn more about the capital campaign, there are brochures in the chapel narthex, or you can visit the diocesan website: www.diovermont.org.
- Support for Our Neighbors in Need--Of the many faith communities in Rutland County, Trinity Church is one of the most visible for charitable outreach. In the first third of the year, we’ve had over 75 formal requests for charitable aid. Of those, we’ve had the resources to help about half of the eligible families who petition us. Our eligibility criteria are tight, but fair. And it is only through the generosity of our congregation that we are able to help as much as we do! On behalf of those who receive assistance from Trinity Church, THANK YOU!
- Illuminate the Tower--For a donation of $25 you can illuminate the bell tower with the celebration of your family’s illuminaries! Whatever the case June be, celebrate it by shining our light brightly for a week! For your $25, you will have your luminary named in the bulletin with a special “light” message, a mention in the prayers of the people and the intrinsic sensation of a job well done. Please contact Wendy in the parish office to make your contribution and shed a little light.