Announcements and Updates
- Advent Meditations 2017--Join us at the rectory (20 Kingsley Ave.) for this year’s Advent Meditations. We will be meeting on Tuesday evenings in Advent December 5th, 12th, and 19th at 7 PM. The topic this year will be “O Come O Come Emmanuel: Praying Through Advent.” Be sure to mark your calendars and be sure to join us!
- 4th Annual Advent Open House--Fr. Liam and Cindy cordially invite you to their 4th annual Advent Open House at the rectory (20 Kingsley Ave.) on Sunday, December 17 from 2-4pm. Feel free to bring a favorite holiday treat to share, but definitely bring yourself!
- Extra Choir Rehearsal--Choir, please remember that there will be an extra rehearsal this Sunday, December 17 immediately following our worship.
- Women of Trinity Christmas Party--The Women of Trinity will celebrate the holidays at a Christmas party at the Grace family home in Middletown Springs on Saturday, December 30 at 2:00pm. All women (and their spouses) are invited! If you have a favorite holiday treat you’d like to share, bring it along.
- Christmas Flowers--If you would like to donate to this year’s Christmas decorations in memory of a loved one, please submit your names and donations to the church office no later than December 18!
- Holiday Office Hours--The church offices will be closed December 25 and December 26 for Christmas. They will also be closed on January 1 and January 2 for New Year’s.
- Dismas House Dinners--We need to determine whether or not to continue our participation with providing once-monthly dinners at Dismas House for 2018. To that end, there will be a meeting of all volunteers after church on Sunday, January 7.
- Individual Contact Surveys to Go Out in December--Please look for a survey form in the December and January LOGOS to update our contact information. As has been warned in LOGOS for the past few months, we are making logistical changes in how we send out our communications newsletters. After February 2018, we ill no longer be mailing LOGOS in bulk mail. If you are unable to pick up your copy of LOGOS at the church or do not have email to receive it electronically, we will mail you a copy. But only if you indicate your preference on the survey! So please make sure you complete and return your survey form! We’ve also changed how we keep our parish records, so ensuring all the information is filled out will help a great deal in updating and maintaining our records.
- Support for Our Neighbors in Need--Of the many faith communities in Rutland County, Trinity Church is one of the most visible for charitable outreach. In the first third of the year, we’ve had over 75 formal requests for charitable aid. Of those, we’ve had the resources to help about half of the eligible families who petition us. Our eligibility criteria are tight, but fair. And it is only through the generosity of our congregation that we are able to help as much as we do! On behalf of those who receive assistance from Trinity Church, THANK YOU!
- Illuminate the Tower--For a donation of $25 you can illuminate the bell tower with the celebration of your family’s illuminaries! Whatever the case June be, celebrate it by shining our light brightly for a week! For your $25, you will have your luminary named in the bulletin with a special “light” message, a mention in the prayers of the people and the intrinsic sensation of a job well done. Please contact Wendy in the parish office to make your contribution and shed a little light.