Announcements and Updates
- Women of Trinity Picnic--The Women of Trinity will have their annual picnic on Monday, June 5 at 6:00pm at Sallie Gill’s Antique Mansion B&B (85 Field Ave.). Please bring a dish to share and good company! All women are invited and encouraged to join us!
- Rectory Bible Study Summer Series--Fr. Liam and Cindy welcome everyone to the rectory (20 Kingsley Ave.) for a Bible Study focusing on St. Paul’s letters to Today’s Church. Beginning Tuesday, June 6 at 7:00pm, the summer series will continue each Tuesday in June. Each week is a “stand alone” session, so you need not attend every session if you are unable.
- Welsh Themed Evening Prayer--Fr. Liam will be officiating the first of a three service summer series of Evening Prayer at St. John’s Church in East Poultney on Saturday, June 10 at 4:00pm. James Cassarino will be providing the music of familiar Welsh hymns.
- Office Information--Please take note that our Parish Coordinator (Wendy Grace) will be out of the office June 5-9 for a training conference for Diocesan Liaisons for Refugee Resettlement. This training is obligatory in her role for the Diocese of Vermont.
- Usher Needed--We need an usher to volunteer for the permanent opening on the 5th Sundays. There are 4 or 5 5th Sundays each year, and the next this year is July 30. Please call the office if you can take on this role.
- Support for Our Neighbors in Need--Of the many faith communities in Rutland County, Trinity Church is one of the most visible for charitable outreach. In the first third of the year, we’ve had over 75 formal requests for charitable aid. Of those, we’ve had the resources to help about half of the eligible families who petition us. Our eligibility criteria are tight, but fair. And it is only through the generosity of our congregation that we are able to help as much as we do! On behalf of those who receive assistance from Trinity Church, THANK YOU!
- Illuminate the Tower--For a donation of $25 you can illuminate the bell tower with the celebration of your family’s illuminaries! Whatever the case June be, celebrate it by shining our light brightly for a week! For your $25, you will have your luminary named in the bulletin with a special “light” message, a mention in the prayers of the people and the intrinsic sensation of a job well done. Please contact Wendy in the parish office to make your contribution and shed a little light.