Announcements and Updates
- Vestry Meeting--The November Vestry meeting will be held in the Brinckerhoff Room on Thursday, December 20 at 5:00pm.
- Dismas House Dinner--Trinity's day to provide dinner at Dismas House is Friday, December 21.
- Community Luncheon--November's Community Luncheon is back on the fourth Saturday this month! It will be held on December 22 at 11:30am. There will be no prep work on Friday.
- Christmas Worship Services--Our principle Feast of the Nativity service will be held at 7:00pm on Christmas Eve. There will be a service on Christmas Day at 9:30am.
- December Holiday Office Hours--The offices at Trinity Church will be closed at noon on Christmas Eve, all day on December 25 and December 26, December 31, and Tuesday, January 1, 2019.
- Advent Discussion Series--The Advent discussion series continues this Tuesday December 11th at 7 PM at the Rectory (20 Kingsley Ave). The discussion will continue the topic “Communion with Christ: The Role of the Eucharist in Advent, Christmas and Beyond.”
- Open House at the Rectory--Fr. Liam and Cindy will hold their annual open house December 9 from 2-4pm.
- “The Holidays Are Alive”—Our annual fundraiser is upon us! Including Elisabeth von Trapp in concert and dinner by Steve Sawyer, the event is this Friday, Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. Tickets are going very quickly now, so get yours today!
- Event Help Needed--Anyone who is interested in helping to decorate for the holiday feast, we'll begin on Monday, Dec. 10 at 3:30 and continue every afternoon that week. Come one day, come all! We're also looking for some fresh greens as part of the decorations. If you can donate some, please speak to Rich or Fern.
- Christmas Flowers-- Have your loved ones honored or remembered during Christmas with a gift to the Christmas Flowers! Submit the names of those you’d like to have remembered along with your donation gift, and they will be included on the prayer list throughout the Christmas Season. Memorials need to be received by the office no later than Thursday, December 20.
- Gift of Life Marathon--Trinity Church has registered a team for the Gift of Life Marathon blood drives. We hope you’ll give blood at one of the three drive locations and say you’re part of the Trinity Church Team. Drives will be held Dec. 11 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Castleton University; Dec. 19 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the CVPS-Leahy Education Center at Rutland Regional Medical Center; and Dec. 20 and 21 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the College of St. Joseph. No gift comes from the heart as truly as the gift of blood. Register (walk-ins welcome, too!) at www.redcross.org.
- 2019 Calendars--The 2019 Ordo Church calendars are available in the church and chapel narthex. Calendars are made available compliments of Tossing Funeral Home.
- Gabriel’s Children--The first week of project Gabriel’s Children provided nourishing soup for over 100 people! If you know of a family in need who could benefit from this program, please let us know in the church office so we can pass on the information to Gabriel’s Children.
- Women of Trinity Meeting--The next Women of Trinity will meet in the library following worship on January 6.
- Annual Parish Meeting--The annual meeting will be held on Sunday, January 27 after our worship service. Annual Reports need to be submitted to the office no later than January 16.
- Upon This Rock--As part of our support for Rock Point, for the year 2018 we will be taking a separate collection on the last Sunday of each month specifically for Rock Point’s capital campaign. To learn more about the capital campaign, there are brochures in the chapel narthex, or you can visit the diocesan website: www.diovermont.org.
- Support for Our Neighbors in Need--Of the many faith communities in Rutland County, Trinity Church is one of the most visible for charitable outreach. In the first third of the year, we’ve had over 75 formal requests for charitable aid. Of those, we’ve had the resources to help about half of the eligible families who petition us. Our eligibility criteria are tight, but fair. And it is only through the generosity of our congregation that we are able to help as much as we do! On behalf of those who receive assistance from Trinity Church, THANK YOU!
- Illuminate the Tower--For a donation of $25 you can illuminate the bell tower with the celebration of your family’s illuminaries! Whatever the case June be, celebrate it by shining our light brightly for a week! For your $25, you will have your luminary named in the bulletin with a special “light” message, a mention in the prayers of the people and the intrinsic sensation of a job well done. Please contact Wendy in the parish office to make your contribution and shed a little light.