Announcements and Updates
- Women of Trinity Meeting--The next Women of Trinity will meet in the library following worship on February 3.
- Faith 101 Class-- Fr. Liam will offer a refresher class for the understanding of what we, the Episcopal Church, believe by our faith tradition. The class will be held on consecutive Tuesdays beginning Feb. 12 (no class on Feb.19 as Fr. Liam will be away). Classes will be held in the Brinckerhoff Room at 7:00pm lasting about an hour each day. Sign up in the chapel narthex.
- Office Holiday Hours--The office will be closed on Monday, February 18 in observance of Presidents' Day. Fr. Liam will be away from Feb. 16 through Feb. 23.
- Community Luncheon--This month we’ll be serving chili with cornbread, salad and dessert on Saturday, February 23 at 11:30am.
- Vestry Meeting--The next scheduled meeting of the Vestry is February 28, 2019 at 5:00pm in the Brinckerhoff Room.
- Albany Pro Musica Concert at Trinity Church--Renowned chorus Albany Pro Musica will perform in concert at Trinity Episcopal Church, Rutland on Tuesday, Mar. 5 at 7:30pm. The concert, called The Americas: Land of Many Cultures will feature a guest chorus from Puerto Rico. The program is designed to celebrate the diversity of music and culture that enrich our lives. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased online at http://bit.ly/APMRUTLAND or by calling (518) 273-0038.
- Special Sunday Collection--At Sunday's Vestry Reorganization meeting, the Vestry, in support of our sustainability endeavor, has decided to begin a first Sunday of the month special collection to help offset the rising cost of fuel. This will be a year-long special collection and will occur the first Sunday of each month. Please be prepared this Sunday to generously support our effort. Providing your name or envelope number with your donation will ensure your contribution appears on your 2019 year end giving statement.
- Support for Our Neighbors in Need--Of the many faith communities in Rutland County, Trinity Church is one of the most visible for charitable outreach. In the first third of the year, we’ve had over 75 formal requests for charitable aid. Of those, we’ve had the resources to help about half of the eligible families who petition us. Our eligibility criteria are tight, but fair. And it is only through the generosity of our congregation that we are able to help as much as we do! On behalf of those who receive assistance from Trinity Church, THANK YOU!
- Illuminate the Tower--For a donation of $25 you can illuminate the bell tower with the celebration of your family’s illuminaries! Whatever the case June be, celebrate it by shining our light brightly for a week! For your $25, you will have your luminary named in the bulletin with a special “light” message, a mention in the prayers of the people and the intrinsic sensation of a job well done. Please contact Wendy in the parish office to make your contribution and shed a little light.