Announcements and Updates
- Office Schedule for the Holiday--The office will be closed on Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day.
- Morning Prayer --Rich Jones will lead us in Morning Prayer on Sunday, July 2.
- Parishioner Seeks New Home--We have a parishioner who is searching for a new apartment as the building is being sold and all tenants have been asked to vacate the premises by July 31. If you know of an available first floor, 1-2 bedroom apartment in Rutland City, please notify the church office so we can relay the information.
- Trinity Church to work with Habitat for Humanity--Trinity Church will be organizing a party of volunteers to work with Habitat for Humanity on the new home at 42 Cleveland Ave. Dates are still to be determined, but if you are interested in participating, please indicate your interest on the signup sheet in the chapel narthex so we can get an idea for how many volunteers we can send. In the meantime, if you’d like to volunteer on an individual basis, they are looking for volunteers this Saturday, July 1 from 9-2.
- Dismas House Dinners--Dismas House’s purpose is no only to reconcile former prisoners with their community, but to reconcile society with former prisoners. Providing the meal is a tacit “olive branch” while sharing it gives people the chance to learn each other’s story to allow forgiveness to begin.Trinity Church has agreed to participate in this dinner program. Fr. Liam and Cindy always share in the meal, so dinner providers are never alone. Providers are usually one couple (or two people) who purchase, prepare, and share the meal with anywhere from 10-20 people. Typically, there are 16 residents, a staffer and 3-4 providers at a dinner. Dinner is served promptly at 6:00pm. One of the staff sends a reminder a week ahead and shares any details about food allergies and numbers. Providers bring food either already cooked and ready to serve or can cook the meal in the Dismas House kitchen. Dismas House provides the beverages and the residents do all the cleanup. Trinity Church is scheduled for the third Friday of each month. Currently, we have openings for providers for August, September, November and December. If you are interested in sharing dinner with some folks who have fascinating stories, please call the church office to select your month. 775-4368. Do it now!
- Support for Our Neighbors in Need--Of the many faith communities in Rutland County, Trinity Church is one of the most visible for charitable outreach. In the first third of the year, we’ve had over 75 formal requests for charitable aid. Of those, we’ve had the resources to help about half of the eligible families who petition us. Our eligibility criteria are tight, but fair. And it is only through the generosity of our congregation that we are able to help as much as we do! On behalf of those who receive assistance from Trinity Church, THANK YOU!
- Illuminate the Tower--For a donation of $25 you can illuminate the bell tower with the celebration of your family’s illuminaries! Whatever the case June be, celebrate it by shining our light brightly for a week! For your $25, you will have your luminary named in the bulletin with a special “light” message, a mention in the prayers of the people and the intrinsic sensation of a job well done. Please contact Wendy in the parish office to make your contribution and shed a little light.