Trinity has accomplished a great deal in the last year. Our attendance is up and the enthusiasm and well-being of our parish is great. We had a successful stewardship campaign with the average increase in pledges of over 15%; this increase has been the result of a plea to increase pledges so that Trinity can pay for a full time priest (we believe that this is good evidence of our parish’s desire for a full time priest). We had 9 entirely new pledges. We are getting more families coming to church and regularly see new faces. We have cut our budget significantly over the years reducing lay staff salaries and benefits by 35%; reducing programs, office costs and maintenance (even though we are continually doing maintenance work with volunteers) by 35%; cut electrical usage by 20%; and reduced fuel oil consumption by 18%.
Outreach at Trinity Church
Trinity Church's annual fundraiser, Festive Feast, raised just about $5,000 in 2016. The Vestry determined that half of those funds would go directly to support our Outreach missions. 60% of those designated funds will serve our neighbors in need right here in Rutland City through our Discretionary Fund. The remaining 40% will be split evenly between Pure Water for the World and Cristosal.
- Pure Water for the World's mission is to improve the health and livelihood of children and families, living in underserved communities in Central America and the Caribbean, by providing effective tools and education to establish sustainable safe water, hygiene and sanitation solutions.They envision a world in which all people have safe water, proper sanitation and the knowledge to sustain it for future generations.
- Cristosal is a nongovernmental organization based in El Salvador advancing human rights in Central America through rights-based programming, research, and learning. They take a human rights-based approach to community development and poverty reduction that recognizes at its core the inherent dignity, equality and inalienable rights of every human being. This principle repositions the poor in the development enterprise from beneficiaries of charity to citizen partners, architects and owners of their own development process.